Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Enough to make you sick!

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/178958/1/NC-Boy-With-Cerebral-Palsy-Asked-To-Leave-Easter-Service

I just had the misfortune of reading this article. Really? Throw a kid and his mom out of church for being a "distraction," just because he's handicapped? What would Jesus say? I can only imagine an event similar to his clearing of the temple. How can the Body of Christ possibly be edified when things like this are becoming more and more common place? The God of the Bible would not find this to be a satisfactory form of worship. He IS the Creator of the Universe, and created that little boy, just like created you and I. Jesus died for all of us, and that includes the boy and his mother.
(Mat 25:42-46 ESV)
For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." 
He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:30 ESV) - John the baptist. He had it right when he made that statement. It's not about us, it's about Jesus Christ and his work on the cross.

Please, if this kind of behavior is tolerated in your church speak out against it! If the less fortunate are shunned by the leadership, take them to scripture and show them the error of their ways. This has to be stopped here and now. If they will not listen, move on to another congregation, and having nothing to do with them.

As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
(Tit 3:10-11 ESV)
Jesus never meant for his Church to be a rock concert with concessions and t-shirt sales. When we allow the Church to be an entertainment venue that is focused on the "show," we are treading on dangerous ground.


Please join me in prayer for every Church around the world. Christianity is under attack from the inside out.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.. Be kind! I will not publish anything that is cruel, mean spirited, or other wise inappropriate. If you do not want your comment made public, please put a disclaimer at the beginning of it such as "confidential or private."